Washing Instructions for all clothes with breathable and waterproof PU coating
e.g. Marine Performance II jacket, Melbourne jacket, Kingston jacket, Bonifacio jacket, Toledo & Cleveland jacket, Gotland jacket
Please take care of the following instructions for the above mentioned jackets. Especially when the jackets have intense contact with sweat the PU coating might be affected.
- Handwash with cold or 30°C water temperature
- Do not soak
- Do not use chemicals for cleaning like alcohol or gasoline
- Do not use softener
- Line dry or drip dry, do not spin or tumble dry
- WASH WITH SOAP FLAKES, COLD WASH OR PURE SOAP
- Do not use any washing items that has bleach or chemical material in it to remove spots.
- Do not dry clean
- Do not contact with hair spray
- Do not twist the fabric.
- Do not iron, if needed, please use very cool ironing and do not use for a long time
Although we know that many people use detergent for washing garments and testing coated fabric, it is better to use soap flakes or cold wash only and hand wash. The main reason is to protect the DWR-finishing (Durable Water Repellancy), the garment won't soak as fast and will keep you warm and cosy. This can be reached by handwash with soap flakes.
Washing Instructions for garment with down lining
e.g. Nepal or similiar
- please only use mild detergent
- Only dry in dryer until garment is really dry
- after drying please use a commercially available water repellent spray